How often do you blog? Daily, weekly or once per month perhaps!
It doesn’t matter how dedicated you are to blogging, or how experienced you think you are, there will be times when you’ll simply feel like not writing or blogging about anything at all.
There will be times when you simply won’t find anything to blog about either. This isn’t a bad thing, it happens to us all.
So, instead of trying to pull your hair out in clumps, trying to find a topic or idea for your next big post, just forget it! Yep that’s right, forget it altogether and don’t write anything.
In fact do something totally different, something inspiring and preferably something that doesn’t involve being tied online or staring at a blank word document page on your computer.
Today folks I want to share with you 9 inspiring things you can do, when you simply don’t feel like blogging. And who knows, you might find any of these activities invigorating for getting your creative juices flowing again…
9 Inspiring Non Blogging Activities to get you in the mood for Writing
1. Go for a walk – Get some fresh air and get those old legs of yours moving, sitting down stressing about what to write won’t make you more creative. Walking is a great way to inspire the mind and loosen up those old joints. Grab your iPod or iPhone and find your favorite songs that are inspiring to you and hit the pavement…
2. Cook – There’s a real sense of achievement that can be attained from creative cooking, I love to get into the kitchen and cook myself a meal when I’m not feeling creative with my blog. The joy of it that comes after is eating it.
3. Watch an inspiring program on TV – Sit back and relax with a movie or an inspiring TV program. One of my favorite things that I love doing is getting the Bloomberg TV app up on my iPad, and checking out the Game Changers channel. There is a series of documentaries on there about how business and media leaders climbed to the top of their professions and changed the world, and I find those extremely
4. Read a book - Reading is the ultimate off-blogging activity. It’s a great way to learn and inspire your mind at the same time. You may even find some post ideas hidden in what you read.
5. Go for a drive - I love going for a drive when I’m struggling to find anything to write about, especially if it’s a reasonably nice day and I’m not in the mood for walking. Though my advice is that you might want to go for a drive when you know there is little traffic on the roads, as the key to all this is to distress and inspire you, and not to get road rage.
6. Treat yourself to a spa afternoon - Get a massage or spend 30 minutes in a sauna or Jacuzzi. That will soon invigorate you and get your creative juices flowing again.
7. Hit the gym - The best thing about going to the gym is that it will do wonders to your health and fitness, as well as motivate you like nothing else can. For me hitting the gym always invigorates me to start blogging as soon as I get back to the desk”¦ You feel a great sense of achievement after you’ve done a workout.
8. Listen to some chill out music – Close your eyes and put on some chill out relaxing music, and escape for 30 minutes or so. I’ve been tuning into the Deep Energy podcast by Jim Butler, and I highly recommend listening in. It’s a great aid for relaxation, especially at night.
9. Check out your old posts – Well I did recommend doing something that didn’t involve being online, but it’s just the one tip… Do you remember the feeling you had when you started blogging? Take a look at some of your old and best content on your blog, read the comments and remember the feeling you got when you wrote a particular post. You’ll soon feel the Mojo come flowing back again, and you’ll soon be back at your desk writing another awesome post.
Well that’s it. That’s my glorified list of awesome things to do when you simply don’t feel like blogging or writing…
I’d love to hear your thoughts on my suggestions above, perhaps you have a couple of tips you’d like to add to the list. Please feel free to do so in the comment section below.