Why is video is such a big thing on the Internet and how can video marketing convert traffic? I used to be wondering the same thing until I realized that video marketing is basically another form of article marketing in 2011, however people enjoy watching videos far more than reading. If I had the choice of reading an article or watching a video I know which one I would choose. This is not being lazy, it’s just that video is far more entertaining.
Using video marketing to convert traffic is very popular now days and you are at a disadvantage if you are not using video to your advantage right now.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing is a not so new way to get your message across on the Internet. No longer are the long sales letters appealing to the buyer, as they now people want to see animation and action. They are obsessed with multimedia as many computers are equipped to handle all of this. Video marketing does not always mean that you have to sell something either, as it could be marketing to get traffic to your website. Of course there is always usually some purpose in mind.[easyazon-image-link asin=”0470459697″ alt=”YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day” src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51iVtkj0%2BsL.jpg” align=”right” width=”197″ height=”250″]
How can video marketing convert traffic?
By converting traffic, I mean turning a simple website visitor into taking the action that your webpage was built for. For example you might send people to a sign up page, and if they completed that action, then they have been converted. If you send them to a page selling an e-book and they buy, then they have been converted also.
Video marketing can convert traffic because it can also capture the visitors attention more quickly than the written word. If a person takes the time to watch a video, shows interest in the subject, and if they actually go to click the link afterwards, then this is highly targeted traffic. The video marketing conversion rate depends on what is on your landing page. As we mentioned above, it is best to have one purpose
Also your Youtube success is an important part to exploding your conversion rate and this is why I would like to mention some video marketing tips that I use every day.
Video marketing tips
- Do not make your videos too long as people lose interest after the first 2 min. People on the Internet do not have a long attention span and we all know that!
- Do keyword research when you are listing your video so you can find the best Youtube video title that will bring you more traffic.
- Watch your stats on your videos and be prepared to change things around. For example you might have to change the title or description to get the video ranking better.
- For the best video marketing that converts traffic, you will need to make a series of videos, uploaded on a regular basis to attract followers. An odd video here and there does not convert traffic.
- Make sure you have a call to action in your video that clearly pushes people to click on your link. Make an offer that they cannot refuse.
- Create different Yube channels for different topics. For example if you have videos about building websites and cooking cakes in the same channel your website visitors and converstions will be less targeted.
Video marketing conclusion:
Do not spam video sharing websites with mass produced junk. Just like the Google Panda update, there will be consequences in the future for people who upload these kinds of videos. Save yourself the time and money and do not do it. If you have problems making a video my solution is to use PowerPoint slides to create video. This works great and I have actually submitted videos like this myself.
Video marketing is an important tool in your marketing efforts. Take the time to tweak your results and you could be sitting on a gold mine. When I first started and video marketing I had no idea how popular it would become.
I have been a Youtube Partner for more than 2 years now and I know first hand that video marketing does convert traffic. Please feel free to visit my Computer Basics Youtube channel to see how I use video marketing to convert traffic.
Do you use video marketing to convert traffic?