Tips for Writing for Other Websites
Content marketing is becoming a large part of the overall strategy of many companies these days. One of the biggest ways that people are benefitting are guest posts. This practice has been around since the very early days of the Internet, but it’s more difficult these days with so many other people trying to get their content published. Below are some tips that will help you get more out of your guest posting efforts.
How to Write Better Guest Posts
Here are some practical ways you can write better guest posts and get more published!
- Know the Target Website – The first thing you’re going to want to do – before you start writing – is to find a website where you want to get the article published. Sometimes you’ll be able to find a page for submission guidelines. Be sure to read this to know what a webmaster wants. Additionally, try to read some of their old posts to get an idea of the type of writing they publish.
- Be Creative and Unique – Once you have your target, you’re going to want to brainstorm ideas. Once you have a short list, pick the best
- Write and Submit – Rather than writing to a webmaster and pitching the topic, go ahead and write the whole article and submit it to them. Even if they do not accept it, you can still make changes and submit elsewhere. However, this is going to increase your chances of getting published. Don’t tease webmasters! Show them what you can do upfront.
- Wait Patiently – After you send off the article, remember to wait patiently and don’t bug the webmaster. While you may want to know right away if you’re accepted or not, you’re going to have to wait. If you try to rush the process by bugging the webmaster, you’re going to upset them and decrease the chances your content gets published.
- Celebrate / Get Back to Work – If you follow the tips above, there’s a good chance your guest post is going to be accepted. Once it is you can celebrate a little bit, but you want to make sure you get back to work! One guest post is not going to help you all that much. But if you can do several a week, you’re going to start seeing results quickly.
If you don’t want to write the guest posts on your own, many different solutions exist online. For example, at post-me.org, they have a service that will write the content for you as well as find a place to get it published online. Outsourcing your guest posts can be a big time saver for you and allow you to dedicate more time to your website(s).