Facebook undoubtedly one of the most popular and influential medium to connect with the world in today’s times. Every second person is a Facebook user. Facebook is a sharing platform for many in terms of photos,interest,latest updates etc. Games can be enjoyed, invitation for events can be made and so much more can be done on Facebook. All these are basically for personal use…but Facebook has now turned into some kind of “mini industry”.
The latest trends if observed,easily show how Facebook has been turned into a business tool.
Here we have listed down some amazing facts and figures that will totally convince you that medium utilized for business.
- There are tons of pages on Facebook, which are dedicated to various brands, stores, online business companies, small time independent business etc. These pages increase the number of “likes” to a page by using various promotion techniques like some contests, attractive offers and discounts. These not only popularize the business but also help in developing a loyal base of customers
- It has been studied that about 80% of the people on Facebook who “like” a particular brand, product etc are in probabilities going to purchase the product.
- About 75% of the people who “like” the product are estimated to recommend it to their friends by using facilities such as “share”
- Big companies like Apple too consider a Facebook fan at higher level than a non Facebook fan. This is because the fan can reach out to larger audience and himself becomes a “mini brand ambassador” for the company.
- It has been seen that about 20% of people purchase various product by clicking on advertisement on Facebook.
- A larger number of small scale businessmen use Facebook for promoting their product. This helps them reach wider section of people at almost no cost. Facebook is a very important business tool… photos, descriptions etc. can be easily uploaded. Also feedback from customers and be easily reviewed. With such wide range of advantages it wont be surprising that about 86% of the people are of opinion that Facebook is a marketing tool that cannot be neglected.
- Various advertisements, fan pages, and shared links drive traffic to the main or the official website of a product. Facebook can therefore be given a status of “traffic transporter”.
- It has been observed in recent times that if a customers are truly impressed with the product, they do not shy away from flaunting it on their wall. This not only popularizes the product but also creates faith among masses about the product.
- Around $3.8 billion of the total earnings of Facebook are attributed to advertisements of products and services. This is expected to further increase with times.
- Facebook itself promotes “Facebook as business tool”. In 2011 credits for advertising were given, this further encouraged businessmen to use Facebook.
So Guys here are some useful tip to set up your business on Facebook and to expand it :
Creating an Effective Business FB Page :
You need to ensure that the page you create looks simple yet elegant and effective.Just try to put essential info about the business you own ie about your company and what all services you provide and the related products.Do not clutter your page with unnecessary things like distraction causing widgets and graphics etc.So just put forth your expertise regarding the services you wish to provide and always share valuable info, and that would be enough to fetch you some good contacts with time.
Prioritize the usage of Photos :
Now by prioritize I mean that post only those photos which are related to your business.Like you can post photos of your industry meetings and conferences or of events concerning your business.Avoid posting pics related to your personal life like the pics showing that you have been to vacation with your family and so on.
Facebook Friends -> Choose them Wisely :
Now you need to be a bit careful with the kinds of friends that you add on Facebook.Well as they are accessible to everything that you share including what is been shared in your Facebook page and they will be able to comment freely so you gotta be a bit choosy.
Facebook Ads -> A powerful tool :
Now you can promote your business, your services via Facebook Ads.Just click on create an add, give the specific URL you are targeting may it be your websites URL, or any specific page in the website that you wish to gain audience to or just your Facebook business page URL to get traffic and likes to your Facebook page.And then after selecting the URL, you need to describe about it, chose how much you are willing to pay for this per day and there you go, you will definitely see some traffic flowing in.Now this is an indeed powerful tool with proven results.So to expand business this is truly recommended.
With all these, you must have been totally convinced that truly Facebook is an important business tool. Keeping up with changing times and trends of the current scenario businessmen must not avoid this medium. Pull up your socks and move beyond using Facebook for personal use, use it in your business and reach new heights.