Viber, the app developed by Viber Media Inc., is indeed one of the best apps you can use to make free calls, send free messages and multimedia to the people in your life. It enables you to talk to another Viber user anywhere in the world, for free! You can also send pictures, videos, and other data to your acquaintances via Viber.
- It is free! Viber only utilizes the data plan to transfer the voice, messages, and multimedia. You do not need to pay anything else. Just download it, and start off!
- No registration required. Yes! You do not need to register yourself and put in a password to use Viber. It is completely hassle-free and quick.
- Viber users can make groups of multiple users and share messages and multimedia.
- Available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian, Windows, and Bada operating systems.
- Frequent updates from the developer help to remove the glitches and/or errors, if any.
- Requires Quality Network Connection
Viber works well only with good quality network connection; 3G and wi-fi prove to be the best. Users may experience poor call quality if the network connection is slow or inferior. Similarly, multimedia may take more time to transfer in case of slow/inferior connection.
- Call Facility Unavailable for Blackberry
Blackberry users with Viber on their phones cannot make calls to other users of the application, at least for now. Per reports, the developer is working on the issue and would soon be out with a solution.
Viber is an excellent app for all the smartphone users. Not only it lets you transfer data to other Viber users, it also lets you communicate with them via voice – all for free. It is, indeed, one of the best apps to make free calls and send free messages.