It has become very important today to report spam blogs to Google as you already know that there are many blogs that are started everyday and most of the owners doesn’t know much about blogging and other things related to it and thus, starts spamming and fooling Google.
And even after the new updates of Google Algorithm, most of the spam blogs rank high than your blog(s) using black hat SEO which is not permitted by Google.
The thing is you are now angry on the spam blog’s owner that without doing much efforts he/she is getting much more traffic and money than you.
What to do now?
You can wait for the Google to penalize the blog or you can force Google to penalize it, which ever be your choice.
Now, before telling you how to report spam blogs to Google. Let’s first know if you can use the tool to report spam or not.
1. Paid Links – If any blog is earning money for giving backlinks to a xyz blog than the blog comes under SPAM and should be penalized.
2. Objectionable Content – If the content of a blog is inappropriate i.e., promotes racism and other things like this than it is purely SPAM.
3. Malware – If a blog is infected with malware than it comes under SPAM as it can infect the computer/laptop/Mobile of the person visiting the blog. It will be regarded as Google is promoting the infected blog in their results and is giving malware to its user.
4. Copyright or other Legal Issues – If a blog is using duplicate content or using image without stating source than it is considered as webspam and Google will love to deindex it.
5. Personal Information – If someone has disclosed your personal information on their blog than it is webspam and you can remove it from Google.
6. Phishing – If someone is trying to get your e-mails and
7. Abusing Other Google Products – If someone is using other Google products (AdSense, Maps ,etc. ) in a way that they are not meant to used on a page or blog than it is webspam.
8. Keyword Stuffing – If someone is trying to rank higher because of keyword stuffing (using a lot of keywords above the post) than it is webspam and should be reported.
9. Non-Webspam Content – If the page is not spamming but doing other things that must not be done.
Now, you are aware of what you can report and what you cannot so now let’s come to the main thing.
How to report SPAM BLOGs to Google?
Just follow the below steps and you will be able to report spam to Google in no time.
1. Go to this link and first login with your Google account.
2. Now a page like below will open. Click on the Report webspam button.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen and you will be able to report webspam. The page will look like the image below
Now you can report spam blog to google, to remove it from their index pages.
Have any tip/suggestion/question regarding this post than don’t hesitate to ask it through the comment section below.