Do you want to transfer a large video or a game backup (or any file) from your friend’s android device to your android device at high speeds? Then you are at the right place. Today, I am going to share a method by which you can transfer files from one android device to another at speeds more than 20 Mbps. Yes, you read it right, more than 20 Mbps. As you know, Bluetooth is the most common way of transferring files from and to any device. But the transfer speeds of Bluetooth is pathetic and you need to wait for long for the transfer process to be completed.
But android smartphone owners need not wait for long, cause Wi-Fi Direct is at their rescue. It allows transfer of data at speeds more than 20 Mbps. Using this service is really easy. All you need to have is an android device (ICS or higher) which supports Wi-Fi Direct.
How to enable Wi-Fi Direct?
It’s pretty simple, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings > Wirelessand networks and click on Wi-Fi.
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device for the Wi-Fi Direct option to be activated.
- Click on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Click on Scan at the bottom to search available devices for connection. You can also change your device’s name by tapping the submenu softkey on your device.
How to transfer files using Wi-Fi Direct?
It’s pretty simple, follow the instructions below to connect devices for transferring large data at high speeds:
- Select the file to be transferred (Hold the file for 2 seconds for selection)
- Click on the share icon above.
- Scroll down until you find Wi-Fi Direct option. Click on it.
- Select the device to which the file is to be transferred from the list of available devices.
- Your file will be transferred in seconds (or minutes if it is a real big file )
Thanks for allotting your valuable time in reading this article. Please let me know if you have any doubts. I will be happy to help you….