Whether you are twenty, or fourty, to maintain healthy and soft skin can be really difficult. When you or your partner touches your skin you want it to feel soft and smooth. Especially in the summer time, when you are preparing for the beach. Is your skin getting really dry and dull? Itchy, dry skin is very unpleasant. As we age, our skin develops so many skin problems such as open or enlarges pores, dry or dull skin. This is not going to be happening because of the hormonal changes, but also because of sun exposure, hot bath or shower, harsh soaps, insufficient nutrition and genetics. There are no permanent solutions to turn the clock back, but there are many ways to slow it down. So what can you do to soothe your cracking and dull skin?
If you are women, then you defiantly want soft skin. For that many of us visit spas. What makes the spa so different than what we can do? They offer many treatments to soften our skin. We can do some of these treatments ourselves at home. Sure we could. Will you give yourself a chance to do these treatments? I bet you are.
Before we start, I am not a beauty expert; I have never been to any cosmetology or beauty school. I am definitely not a beauty guru. What ever that even is, these are just the tricks and tips that have worked for me and I know that it surely worked for you.
Wash your face everyday
Wash your face twice a day with good cleanser rather than harsh soaps. Select a cleanser that doesn’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) because it not only dehydrate your skin but also makes it dry and rough. Wash your face with warm water and pat dry-not rub.
Moisturize your skin after each bath to soften the skin and peel off dead layers. Don’t use commercial moisturizers because they don’t give such good results. You can use beauty aids mineral oils like
- Petroleum jelly
- Corn Huskers lotions
- Baby oil
- Almond oil
- Olive oil
- Peanut oil
I know we must admit it that little bit greasy but believe me, it’s extremely good to get soft skin.
Home made defoliators are best because they all natural and it also ensures your skin to stay soft all the times. You can make Exfoliator easily at home by mixing natural ingredients. I personally used many home made exfoliates and it gives fabulous result. Some home made Exfoliators which I personally use are given below.
- Coffee, honey and brown sugar
- Honey, milk cream and sugar
- Sugar and olive oil
- Salt and lemon
- Honey, brown sugar, lemon
To get soften and smooth skin you should start eating a healthy and balanced diet. Include things like fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, fish, eggs, nuts, fatty products like cheese, plain yoghurt, fat free milk etc. You can also add herbal teas in your diet to get clear skin.
You can give yourself a luxurious moisturizing bath itself at home.
- Add half liter milk, 3 tablespoons honey, mix it well at the end add vitamin E capsule into water. Dip yourself in the bath tub.
- We all know skin soothing properties of oatmeal. Take two cups oatmeal fine powder and pour in warm water, add half liter milk and enjoy.
Home remedies to get soft skin
If you want to keep your skin young and healthy always use natural products which you can easily find in your kitchen.
- Mix mashed banana with some milk and apply the mixture on your face. Leave it for about twenty minutes, and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Papaya contains natural enzymes, which is wonderful to get soft skin. Mash few pieces of papaya and use as a facial mask. Apply for fifteen minutes then rinse it off. If you want whitening effect, you can add a slice of lemon into papaya mash.
- After your shower takes a cotton ball and dip it into warm milk. Rub the cotton ball onto your face and body. After ten to fifteen minutes when milk is completely dry and absorb into your skin. Wash your body again with some cold water to close your pores.
- Try an oil massage with almond, olive or coconut oil before your shower. You can also add some drops of oil to your bath water. It will moisturize your skin and gives a silky effect.
- Mix walnut powder, lemon juice and honey make a paste and use this mixture as scrub into your face. Leave this mixture into your skin for twenty minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
- To get softer feet, hands as well as other body parts you will need three tablespoons of baby oil. Rub the oil before you are going to sleep. Leave it for a full night.
- Fresh tomatoes are great skin toner; you can apply some mash tomatoes instead of chemical toners present in today’s market. Leave it for five minutes, then wash off with cold water.
- Add two tablespoons of white flour, two table spoon honey and one tablespoon lemon juice. Mix it well to make a thick paste and apply it to your face. Leave for thirty minutes.
Drinking the right amount of water, maintaining the right amount of sleep and eating healthy diet will make your skin younger and softer. These home remedies take some time to give the result. So, have some patience and be regular with your skin care regime to get softer and healthier skin.