Have you read any of the exceptional FamousBloggers CommentLuv Blogging Contest entries? By the time this contest is over we will all know everything there is to know about commenting in blogs and attracting more comments to our blogs.
We are simply thrilled with the creativity and quality of the early entries. Andy emailed recently that he is “loving the quality of the posts being submitted to the contest” and Hesham and I totally agree.
Thanks to our generous sponsors we have a cash prize fund that will allow for far more winners than I bet you expected. We are still crunching the numbers but I’ll let you in on a secret if you don’t hold me to it:
We are seriously considering paying out TWENTY prizes.
That means many more bloggers will win than has ever happened in any contest! Even with 20 winners the minimum prizes could be as high as $100 and still leave plenty of cash for the first few places to be VERY generous.
I know that many bloggers are in awe of other writers and often do not fully appreciate their own talents. All of us encourage each and every blogger to submit at least one entry. Even though Paul Novak wrote that he never wins anything he entered anyway.
You should enter too because in this contest every blogger is a winner because of all the new people they will be introduced to simply by entering!
Readers who have never seen your blog will read your entry, visit your blog, follow you on Twitter and leave you comments – even if you have never had comments before! If they like what they see you will gain new subscribers who will be regular readers and commentators.
The only bloggers who should not enter are those who do not want new visitors!
Remember that while your guest post IS important that there are also points awarded for comments, replies, Tweets, and other types of promotion. What that means is that even if your English, spelling and grammar aren’t perfect you could win through charisma or friendships.
James Pruitt clearly understands
Your entry will start relationships that will bring the conversation back to YOUR blog too.
Today we are announcing yet another totally optional way for bloggers to increase their points. Any blogger who wishes to earn bonus points can choose to write a blog post about one of our sponsors. Be sure to include a link to their site using their desired anchor text.
Bloggers may choose any sponsor that appeals to them. They may also write about more than one sponsor. Each post will be eligible for bonus points. Any blogger who would like assistance with ideas for what to write can contact Gail directly.
Writing posts about our sponsors is totally optional. If that just isn’t your thing or you feel it is not suitable for your blog, focus on promoting your contest entry or submit additional contest entries.
There are so many ways to earn points that every blogger has an equal chance of winning.
Remember that the earlier you submit your entry the sooner it will be published and the more time you have to promote it. Would you like some tips on getting more promotion points? Here you go:
- Send personal Tweets that include a link to your entry to specific friends using @TheirUserName on Twitter. Tweets that include an @UserName are far more likely to be seen and retweeted.
- Tweet your post to @GrowMap and Gail will retweet it to her ~12,000 followers. You can send her more than one Tweet about your entry as long as each Tweet you send is new and different. (We don’t want to bore our followers now, do we? We want them to want to see your Tweets!)
- Be sure to reply to all your comments left in your guest post – the sooner the better. Be happy when commentators discuss your post in the comments by replying to each other. Every quality comment is another point for you and lively discussions are enjoyed by more readers and will bring you more visitors, comments, and promotion.
- Don’t forget that you must publish the sponsor’s links in your blog to be eligible for any of the cash.
- Do be sure to write a blog post in your own blog letting your readers know where your entry is published. Do make that post interesting because if it is more of our readers will get involved and when your entry is featured in a post like this we may link to your blog. Be sure your post lets your readers know what they can do to help you win!
Here is that page again where you can see all the entries as they’re published. Hesham calls it our Blog Commenting Folder.